Monday, November 9, 2009

Quimby's

I have discovered my newest obsession in Wicker Park/Bucktown: Quimby's Bookstore. This store has so many graphic novels and authors that I love. I went there today for the first time just to check it out and found great stuff. I had been looking for this series written by Ariel Schrag for such a long time and they had it! This is the one I got today, the first in the series:

The second book in the series is being turned into a film. And I think that last one recently came out. I'm really excited to start reading this and the spend more time in Quimby's!

Current Obsessions: Ariel Schrag, Craig Thompson, Marjane Satrapi, Alison Bechdel

3 comments:

  1. one of my favorite places in chicago. they not only have really cool alternative press type stuff, but they also do a lot fo great events, etc. for small presses and the graphic novel set. Glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. marjane satrapi is amazing. i loved Persepolis - although I tried to watch the movie which is supposed to be as good as the novel and i turned it off after 5 minutes...maybe i just don't like animation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you've already looked up Erika Moen, totally google Lucy Knisley! I just read one of her books and I loved it (i'll let you borrow it).

    ReplyDelete