Sunday, September 13, 2009

Division Art

This weekend there was an art festival on Division so I walked around it Saturday and Sunday. I always think that I could totally get a booth and sell my art at one of these festivals, but I think I would first have to make more art. I've been doing mostly ink abstract drawings lately, I wonder if I could make copies of each drawing so I can have more than one and sell them. How do I do that? Screen print? Or just hit up kinkos? Also, there was a lot of felt going on at this festival, one booth in particular caught my eye because it was called "Get Felt Up."

Also one night this weekend my friends and I sang showtunes for about 3 hours in my apartment...true story...

Current Obsessions:
Spring Awakening, pickles

1 comment:

  1. I've often had the same thought when I walk through art festivals, Becca. But I'm not sure I've got what it takes to run the festival circuit. Lots of these folks have it down to a science, with the tent, the set-up, and of course, the art.

    as for your drawings, i think you'd lose something with straight up photocopies, but why not screenprinting or another form of printmaking. do you have much experience with it? I say go for it. maybe a studio class while you're in grad school now?

    ReplyDelete