Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Glee!!!

This link, http://www.hulu.com/watch/95842/glee-acafellas, is for this week's episode of Glee. If you have not already seen this show you should. It is weekly musical theater and the lead Lea Michele was in the original Broadway cast of Spring Awakening. AMAZING!

Anyway, at about 40 minutes into the episode one of the glee club members comes out and I must say this is one of the few times I have seen this done on network television in such a positive way. I am thrilled that Glee did this especially since so many young people watch this show. There are limited gay characters on television now, especially on non-cable networks, and I think it's so amazing that this coming out wasn't treated so tragically or made into such a huge horrible deal.

As a lover of musical theater, I thoroughly enjoy watching Glee each week for the musical numbers and of course comedic genius, yes genius, Jane Lynch.

Current Obsessions:
Jane Lynch, "Gang Leader for a Day" by Sudhir Venkatesh

3 comments:

  1. I've heard people talk about 'Glee' but haven't checked it out yet. I might just have to carve out a bit of time to watch. It gets raves from everyone I know. Thanks for sharing.

    And btw, really enjoying the current obsession note at the bottom of the entries. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (oops, had a problem the first time i tried posting this). i. love. glee. it makes me miss my college a capella group a lot.

    i'm glad you brought up the scene about the coming out scene. i agree with you that it was really well done - this was a surprise to me, given that a good deal of the show's humor and plot is driven by extreme, way over the top stereotyping. but i guess that makes their treatment of this scene all the more refreshing.

    ReplyDelete